The National Stagecoach & Freight Wagon Association (NSFWA) is a not-for-profit organization created to help detail the triumphs, struggles and day-to-day operation of these legendary vehicles within the extremely competitive, early commercial empires they supported.
We were founded in 2008 by a group of people who saw the need for an organization that focused on the commercial stagecoach and freight wagon.
We are dedicated to the interpretation, education and preservation of the legacy of commercial stagecoaches and freight wagons which were integral to the development of the western United States in the 19th century, this includes the stories of the people who designed, built and drove these remarkable vehicles.
NSFWA is committed to:
- Perpetuate the historic record of commercial wagon freighting and stage coaching
- Study the use of the stagecoach and freight wagon, its trade, its trails
- Preserve period vehicles and relevant documents
- Promote the continued practice of the methods of turnout and driving
- Provide a center for collecting, assimilating, and sharing of related information
- Honor the stagecoach and freight wagon for their role in providing substance, communication, commerce, and industry to settlements prior to the development the railroads and motor trucks
We are interested in gathering information on the following:
- Vehicle Model Details
- Historic Trails
- Travel Logistics
- Historical Accounts
- Location and identification of all the coaches we can find!